LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen problem

donkeyjack

For the playstation core of Mednafen it works. Now, I did everything from putting the bios in the same path, getting better isos and etc. It still doesn't work and it brings to the Saturn system settings where you can delete your memory card files, change the settings, and etc. No video has helped me yet and I think I have a unique problem

P.S. I made another Mednafen folder and did everything it worked and then it did the same thing to me the first time. Bringing me into the Saturn system settings. This is very irritating. 

If it actually loaded a game once and then the next time it just goes to the bios setup screen that is weird. I have never seen the stand alone version do that at all but the for a long time the Retroarch version did that the first time you loaded any game and after that first load of a game it would be fine. However that issue as since been fixed with the Retroarch version.

I'll grab the latest version of Mednafen and see if it does that for me as well.

I still think I did something wrong. Because I was watching your video and SimplyAustin but I think deleted something or I dunno. 

Because I made another Mednafen folder before creating this thread. Then it actually work and then I put in another game and it went back to that system settings. I dunno what to do. Do you think I should redownload everything?

Your Playstation save files aren't compatible with a newer version of Mednafen ?

You have a bad disk dump and it messes it up for other Saturn games ? That is also very odd though I haven't really used Mednafen for Saturn since it first supported it, I switched to Retroarch once they got their core up and running. Still very odd though cause for those first two weeks of ironing out the learning curve I still never ran into that issue and I had a lot of bad disk dumps.