LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade (MAME) Game List Auditing and MAME version updates

Fursphere

7 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

Something I've noticed for awhile is when I update my MAME set, and then in Launchbox scan for new games - it never finds any new ones. 

How does Launchbox actually generate the MAME game list?  

Launchbox is using a older MAME game list, that's why you see no new games added. It does really need updating though.

Must be pretty old then.  I update almost every version, and I haven't seen a new game added in a long time. Not that thats a bad thing..   MAME is mostly about the classics.

The interface (and options to handle clones, slot machines, etc) made me thing it was using ROMlister in some fashion, which in turn uses the MAME.EXE -LISTXML file dump.

So..  how do we go about getting this list refreshed?  :)

1 minute ago, Fursphere said:

Must be pretty old then.  I update almost every version, and I haven't seen a new game added in a long time. Not that thats a bad thing..   MAME is mostly about the classics.

The interface (and options to handle clones, slot machines, etc) made me thing it was using ROMlister in some fashion, which in turn uses the MAME.EXE -LISTXML file dump.

So..  how do we go about getting this list refreshed?  :)

Yeah I am not sure exactly what list version it is using, but it is pretty old. It needs to actually be coded into Launchbox, you can't just drop a newer list into a folder unfortunately. Jason needs to actually add a newer version to the program on his end.

Just now, Fursphere said:

Ah.  So really it needs an overhaul to be abstracted from the code - so the end users can maintain they're own lists.  

#FeatureRequest

Yeah pretty much, feel free to click help and support at the top of the page and request it, although it's probably already been requested so maybe search and if you find a active feature request vote on that one.