LaunchBox Community Forums

Logitech F310 Controller Windows 10 & Launchbox/Bigbox Setup?

C64Crazy

Two controllers are listed in big box. One being my f310, and the other being an Xbox controller which I don't own so I assume setting my f310 to xinput instead of direct is making the OS believe there is an Xbox controller plugged in. I'm using the f310 selection. I then click on controller input ON, and then click on the first little button input window, which is in effect your "shift" key that must be held to then press the function key (like exit current window). A few of the keys on the controller get no response to try to set as my "shift" key. Such as (from memory) start or back or the big Logitech button in the middle. At least two get no response, just can't remember which right now. I'm suspecting I need to set the controller as the Xbox option?

Edited by C64Crazy

As long as you have only one gamepad connected, which option you select will make no difference in your case. AFAIR Big Box allows you to choose a specific gamepad (F310 in your case) or to "indiscriminately" choose all XInput devices as valid input sources. That is why you see two options. Makes no difference in your setup.

The big Logitech button in the middle of your gamepad acts like the XBox controller home button. By default the binding for that button is kinda hardcoded and usually cannot be directly accessed by most apps. (There are ways to unlock that button but I don't wanna digress to much.)

The start and back buttons should be freely mappable though. You may wanna check through joy.cpl (Windows Control Panel) wether these buttons work in he first place.

• 1 year later...
On 11/29/2017 at 3:28 PM, IlhanK said:

As long as you have only one gamepad connected, which option you select will make no difference in your case. AFAIR Big Box allows you to choose a specific gamepad (F310 in your case) or to "indiscriminately" choose all XInput devices as valid input sources. That is why you see two options. Makes no difference in your setup.

The big Logitech button in the middle of your gamepad acts like the XBox controller home button. By default the binding for that button is kinda hardcoded and usually cannot be directly accessed by most apps. (There are ways to unlock that button but I don't wanna digress to much.)

The start and back buttons should be freely mappable though. You may wanna check through joy.cpl (Windows Control Panel) wether these buttons work in he first place.

Would you tell us how to unlock the big Logitech button that you referred to? I'd like to use it for my UI Cancel button in MAME.

The Logitech profiler only works in DInput mode, and I prefer Xinput (for analog triggers). And I don't think the Logitech button is available in the profiler.