LaunchBox Community Forums

About to tear my hair out. MAME and Colecovision

orin654

So I am trying to get MAME 0.192.  to run Colecovision games.  I have mame and mess bios packs inside the rom folder (zipped) and have the coleco games which I got from a No-Intro set in there as well ,unzipped. I associate .col files with mame64, and all i get is an error message that flashes way too fast. It looks like it says unknown system but I cannot tell. I can't take a screen shot nor does it show up in OBS. Please tell me what i am doing wrong.

MAME has no problem playing Colecovision games.
Are you by any chance trying to get MAME to "directly" run your Coleco games as you would your arcade ones?
You need to add your Coleco platform to your MAME emulator in LaunchBox. Go to Manage Emulators, select your MAME emulator and open the Associated Platforms box. Add your Coleco platform as an Associated Platform and set it's Default Command-Line Parameters as
coleco -cart

And also just check that your bios coleco.zip contains the two files
313 10031-4005 73108a.u2
colecoa.rom

• Thanks 1