LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Bevel Artwork Test

WrATH

Hi all,

I'm just making a custom bevel for MAME games, been playing about and come up with this for one of my favour arcade game Gauntlet. Actual artwork on the sides isn't my artwork, just clone tooled in from the source art. The game itself it tweaked using custom HLSL MAME settings and then the curvature tweaked to seem like an old arcade screen. These are actual screenshots of MAME.

Let me know what you think. :)

Gauntlet2-arcadescreen.png

mslug3-bezel.png

Edited by WrATH

2 minutes ago, WrATH said:

Hi all,

I'm just making a custom bevel for MAME games, been playing about and come up with this for one of my favour arcade game Gauntlet. Actual artwork on the sides isn't my artwork, made the screen myself, screen effect is vertical glass tweated by me, then added the top and bottom images onto the screen frame using original screenshots of the cabinet. The game itself it tweaked using custom HLSL MAME settings and then the curvature tweaked to seem like an old arcade screen. Did this using The GIMP, a free open source graphic manipulation app Ive been using for years.

Let me know what you think. :)

Gauntlet2-arcadescreen.png

Welcome to the community. :) 

Looks good, are you planning to share?

2 minutes ago, WrATH said:

Thanks, yes assuming the artwork I used can be shared, I would need permission to use that artwork in my bevel.

Where did you get the original artwork from? A lot of people in this community are very open to the work being shared and improved apon etc, however some are not. :(  So yeah always check with the original author first.

But speaking personally I could always use more mame bezels. :) 

I got it from my search engine images when searching for MAME bevels for gaunlet. Looks like it's being sold :/https://www.redbubble.com/people/ccorkin/works/10915233-gaming-arcade-arcade-gauntlet?p=framed-print

Not much chance of using it then really if it's being sold. I'll just have to use the orginal artwork from the cabinets using reference photos.

Edited by WrATH