LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with SNES roms

Mscottson

I'm using retroarch as the emulator and I've imported my roms.  What seems to happen is that when I run anything through regular launchbox (not bigbox) it plays a random song from the game but I'm never able to actually load the rom.  In bigbox it looks like it's about to load and then nothing happens.  I tried reimporting my roms and the same thing seems to happen.  I haven't changed the emulator that I'm using and I'll be trying that on my weekend (I work over weekends :( ) but if anyone has any other possible explanation of this weird behavior I'm all ears.  I'm using retroarch for other systems and they seem to be fine and while I know they use other cores it's odd that this would be happening.  I can also run my SNES roms in retroarch when I do it directly.

If you haven't changed any of the emulators associated with retroarch then it is trying to load the wrong core, or trying to load a core you haven't downloaded in retroarch. My guess is the first though, go to tools/manage emulators, double click retroarch and go to the associated systems tab and find super nintendo, it probably says snes9xnext core you need to change that to the actual core you are using.