LaunchBox Community Forums

Slow downloading of meta data

azagthoth

Hello. I have a 15 Mb connection that makes downloads at the average speed of 1 mb/s, that I know is not that fast but is enough for me, but I noticed that the downloading of the box covers on the software are very slow, and they shouldn't be taking that long since it's only downloading images! Is there anything I can do? I'm adding my NES roms, and it's the full rom set, and it's still on the letter C, and it's been a while that it is going on... If it keep being like that it will be impossible for me to add the other longer libraries...

It's possible the database server could be slow right now. You should also check your internet speed if you haven't done so just to make sure it's not your internet having a slow period.

Are you only downloading selected image types (boxart and gameplay screenshot for example) or are you downloading all the media including fanart ? Fanart can be quite big and several images for some games. Saying "it's only images" is really an informed statement because depending on the image type and quality it can get quite large in file size.

I have a slower internet connection than you (12 Mbit) and I got all my images in a reasonable time frame though when you do Mame you will want to set that up and let it go over night.

• 11 months later...