LaunchBox Community Forums

Massive convert 7zip to GZ files for PCSX2?

Chadmando

Hello I have a whole lot of PS2 games compressed to the .7z format and I am looking for a way to mass convert these to .GZ. (Using windows 10) As I hear PCSX2 can open this compression type.

I need this to do it in such a way as to not leave any files left over afterwards. (Not a whole lot of room currently left on my hardrive).

PS2 7z files are taking up 2.35TB, I have 160GB free space. Thanks!

5 hours ago, dragon57 said:

That bz.bat script deletes the iso file immediately after compressing the old file, so you wouldn't need enough space for all your images uncompressed.

I need a way to directly convert the file from 7zip to GZ. As I don't have enough room to extract all my games out of the current .7z format. I have a feeling I may need to buy another hdd :(.

Edited by Chadmando

15 hours ago, Chadmando said:

I need a way to directly convert the file from 7zip to GZ. As I don't have enough room to extract all my games out of the current .7z format. I have a feeling I may need to buy another hdd :(.

There is no way to directly convert from 7zip to GZ without an intermediate step of uncompressing the 7zip first. I have created and tested a batch file with included 7z.exe to give you what you want. Drop the zip file in the same directory as your 7z files and uncompress it. Next run the 7z2gz.bat file. It will create all the temporary files, directories, etc. required to convert one file at a time, so you only need, at maximum, twice the disk space of your largest image. Note: this will take a while depending on how many images you need to convert. I also recommend you do a test run using only one or two of your files in a separate area to make sure everything behaves as it should. I make no guarantee this script won't delete all your images! :) Having said that, like I said above, I did test this on a subset of my images with no problems observed.

7z2gz.zip

• Like 3