LaunchBox Community Forums

Button to Joystick Mapping

zombie57

Hi There,

I have one "final" problem left with Launchbox and my fantastic journey - Sega Model 2 emulation.

I am trying to have a keyboard-free experience and I simply can't exit the game.  I've looked at the Auto Hot Key scripts and tried to manipulate the few examples of this to work for me - when I hit JOY7, I want it to simulate ESC so it exits the emulator as I can't redefine that key within the emultor - seems not possible.

Am I actually trying to do something that cannot be done - I'd rather suffer the ESC key if it's not possible to do and enjoy the fantastic Launchbox rather then waste time what cannot be fixed.

I've spent about 5 hours on it in total - and just banging my head against a wall.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can tell me to either stop or point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

It should be possible. I use an AHK to close Model 2 using a two button combo with delay state that prevents the emulator from closing on just random button clicks. This is simply pasted in the AHK tab of the manage emulators screen. I do not know AHK I simply found what I need from a search and altered it to my needs. 

You could probably try something like: 

Joy7:

Send, {Escape down}

Keywait, Joy 7

Send {Escape up}

Return

or

Joy7::Send {Alt Down}{F4}{Alt Up}

Model 2 can also close with Alt+F4

• Thanks 1

Thank you.

I did try searching - some of the problems is understanding the termonolgy of what you are looking for with a new platform.  It's been years since I used a front end and without being disrespectful, my god, things have moved on since mGalaxy.

Thank you for your help on this.  For instance, to newbies AHK means nothing - that could be an external program like MOUSEMOVE it could be an internal function.  I actually really do hate asking and look forward to having been here some while when I can actually give back a little ( bar the registration I paid ).

If you don't know ask. The members here are pretty helpful. I am still a newbie learning a lot myself and AHK (Auto Hot Key) is way beyond my current knowledge level. I know you said you are looking for a single button instance to close, but the controller automation in Launchbox does work to close Sega Model 2 it uses two keys. Could be useful until you find a solution exactly as you want. In Launchbox it is under tools/options/input and in BigBox if you have premium just look for controller automation in the settings. You have to set 2 keys. One as the hot key you hold the other as the activation key to actually close the process. 

Capture2.JPG