LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox used to Organize for my retropie

xxGIJoexx

I would personally advise you to get your roms organized on PC before relocating them to the Pi. On PC there are various tools for dealing with roms and rom dumps and sorting. There is a program called Rom Manager (I've never used it). You can also use Clrmamepro to check your set against .dat files you can download from dat-o-matic (just google for the website). On the Hyperspin website there is also a set of tools called Don's Hyperspin Tools that you can use to check your set against hyperspin xmls (which are usually pretty good, but have nothing to do with the LB database*). Lastly, you could/should download no-intro sets where available and be confident that you're getting an easy to manage comprehensive set with good dumps.

I don't think Launchbox is supported on the Pi, but even if it was, it only does half of those things. It will scrape for media, metadata and write xml files. You can most certainly use launchbox on the PC to do those things. So the question really becomes how much of that (media, xmls etc.) can you transfer over to emulationstation on the Pi? I'm actually not sure about that at all.