LaunchBox Community Forums

How quickly remove a string of characters from all my ps2 games (named in LB)

cleverest

Many of my games are imported with the title but then also .iso at the end....

I don't want the .ISO showing....renaming them individually works , but it is a bear...is there a way to quickly REMOVE the .iso as the FILE NAME (not the file itself) in Launchbox? Some config file I can notepad++ edit/replace?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Sounds like you didn't import the games correctly as the file type should not be showing.

Screenshot (439).png

Yes I did, I just followed the wizard.

I know what caused it...before I import ISO ps2 games I compress them with a tool that changes them to a smaller, real-time format of .GZ (causes a small delay the very first time to open a game, that's it).....but I import that, the file names are whatever.iso.gz so since the .iso is not removed or placed in (  ) Launchbox imports that as part of the name... :-(

I just need a way to rename what is showing in Launchbox for all those files...without renaming the actual files...I can edit each one and fix this and it doesn't break anything, but I have too many to do...

Just now, neil9000 said:

Ah OK yeah that makes sense, you should be able to do a search replace with notepad++, just put .iso in the search box and leave the replace box empty. Make a backup of the xml elsewhere first though before messing with it.

Which XML? Sorry still trying to learn the backend.

Attached, the TITLE does look correct, so your version comment makes sense, you can see (USA).iso in version...I guess I could mass edit, make the version blank...but then I lose the (USA, (EURO), all of it....

Not sure how to proceed and keep the (country) and remove only the .iso

ps2_isonameissue3.JPG

Just now, cleverest said:

Actually the XML shows, something like this:  icationPath>Games\Sony Playstation 2\Amplitude (USA).iso.gz</ApplicationPath>

Isn't that just going to break the path to the game?

Hmm yeah probably thinking about it. What I don't get though is it shouldn't be showing anything after the game name anyway stuff between () should be ignored as should file extensions, so I'm not really sure what to tell you here.

Figured out way, a bit time consuming if you are have more than 1 region like I do but I SORTED BY VERSION in LB.

Each section, highlight only those games, EDIT in bulk, drop-down version and rename to only country for each country section, removing the rest, ex:  (Europe)

VIOLA...that works.....better than nothing!  Thanks anyways!

1 minute ago, cleverest said:

Figured out way, a bit time consuming if you are have more than 1 region like I do but I SORTED BY VERSION in LB.

Each section, highlight only those games, EDIT in bulk, drop-down version and rename to only country for each country section, removing the rest, ex:  (Europe)

VIOLA...that works.....better than nothing!  Thanks anyways!

Ah yeah that should work, good call.