LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch controller Issue

ninjapiratecat

Hello,

I am new to Launch Box. I am using an original Dreamcast controller via a USB adapter for my PC. The controller works fine with all the other emulators I've used through LaunchBox but the tutorial videos for Atari Jaguar and Genesis only show how to use them via RetroArch. I cannot map my Dreamcast controller on RetroArch. When I input the mapping prompts nothing happens. I have carefully watched several tutorial videos on how to map controllers through RetroArch but my controller won't work in those games at all. Does Launchbox have any way to map a controller that overrides RetroArch or is there a way to play these system games without going through RetroArch? I tried installing a Jaguar Emulator by itself without using RetroArch but it would not come up as an option to use it by itself. I don't know what I am doing wrong and why RetroArch won't work with my Dreamcast controller. I am not too computer savvy so just try to watch tutorial videos step by step. I tried googling for help but nothing seems to be addressing my issue. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

That worked, thank you. I went into Manage Emulators and I unchecked the box that associates RetroArch with the Atari Jaguar and I used the import wizard to select the Virtual Jaguar Emulator for Atari Jaguar games and I restarted LaunchBox but the Jaguar games are still opening with RetroArch when I click to play them. Can you please help?

yep go into LB and with the Jaguar platform on the screen click on one game and then click ctl+a to select all games and then go to ctl+e to open the bulk edit wizard and there change the emulator. The checkbox only applies to importing games so if you already imported them with another emulator you have to edit to change them.