LaunchBox Community Forums

Not one rom will launch

Herokoi

I’m new to launchbox, loaded up retroarch and launchbox with nes roms and a few snes roms too. I followed ETA prime’s videos and I can’t get any games to play. Deleted everything after checking all my settings and file locations, reinstalled and same issues. So just thinking I did some wrong I installed Dolphin via launchbox and downloaded Zelda windwaker rom, and same problem. I don’t get any error messages and the play count goes up but nothing ever happens. Any insight at all would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Ok let's start with the basics here for Retroarch.

Have you downloaded the cores you want to use and tested that the games load in Retroarch on its own ?

Is your Associated Platforms command line parameters calling the correct cores ? The ones you have downloaded and want to use.

Does your Associated Platform names match that of the platform names you have showing in Launchbox ?

ETAPrimes tutorials are very good and walk you through everything so if you followed them correctly everything should work but here is a quick and simplistic tutorial I did showing setting up the NES and some of the things to watch out for. The same things I cover for the NES apply to all the different cores and systems.