LaunchBox Community Forums

spinner , trackball question

freezie

i have a usb track ball and spinner installed on my arcade machine , i have set them up on mameui64 and they work great , however , when i use launchbox or box big i have nothing . Is there a setting on launchbox to enable them ? Its  acting like they aren't there for launchbox.

Sorry to say so but yes that is what I am saying. Doesn't your cabinet have regular joysticks also that you can use to navigate? The trackball/spinner for controlling the UI was on the poll a few months ago and it received very few votes and was below the cutoff of features to be added.

If you set them up in MAMEUI64 and they aren't working in LB go to the ini folder in the root folder for MAME and move the mame.ini out into the root folder (assuming that is the issue). For some reason if the ini file is in the ini folder then LB has trouble enacting any of the settings for it but if its in the root folder it should work as expected.