LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot post using Pale Moon

I am not sure how these forums are structured, code-wise, but when accessed via the Pale Moon browser, the actual body field of the posting page is missing, and attempting to post just a title (attempted just to see the result), the server throws an error.

Pale Moon is one of the alternative browsers that people who have issues with Mozilla's recent-ish decisions about the direction Firefox should take.. This is likely to include a fair number of people who are inclined to use something like launchbox. It is also built to adhere to most web standards, so the fact that the post pages are broken in it is not a good sign.

Normally, I would dig more to figure out which element is missing, etc., but I am tired, so just mentioning it here. Obviously, I have another browser available, but this does make using the forums more cumbersome.

Screen clipping of the entire post UI with missing body.

Are you using any sort of plugins like a script blocker or anything ?

I just installed PaleMoon and the forums work just fine.

22744148_2018-05-3018_01_01-CreateNewTopic-LaunchBoxCommunityForums-PaleMoon.thumb.png.922edc4e408a859a618372e6d729701d.pngOn a side note, I used to use Pale Moon for a while and it is pretty good but I made the switch to Vivaldi a while back now and I love it and would recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to Firefox and Chrome. It uses the Chrome engine so it supports Chrome plugins but without all of Googles garbage.

Weird. I tested with everything turned off, and the problem persisted. Just made a completely clean profile, and it did not. Time to go poke at my install.

I apologize for the erroneous report.

And thanks for the tip on Vivaldi. I happen to be very fond of some plugins that don't work with the overall Chrome schema, but I will check it out as my backup for when I need a different compatibility set. ^.^