LaunchBox Community Forums

DS4windows can't launch BigBox

Gohmn

I'd like my PS4 controller to launch BigBox. This is easy to set up in DS4windows; I choose the button, I navigate to and choose the executable that I want the macro to launch. 

It always works exactly once. After the first time it works the macro no longer opens BigBox. In fact even double clicking on the BigBox.exe icon after one successful macro launch doesn't work. The only way to get BigBox open at this point without restarting teh computer is to click the "launch bigbox" button in the LB interface. 

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? 

Love the software so far. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and I should mention that once the macro stops working it will actually bring launchbox into focus, even though bigbox.exe is the executable its set to launch. 

EDIT 2: Mmkay. Just discovered that as long as launchbox is not running then bigbox  will consistently load. I can live with this. Although sometimes I go into LB to edit something and won't necessarily remember to close it though, so if there's a fix I'm still all ears. 

Edited by Gohmn

As you have discovered you cannot launch Bigbox while also having Launchbox running, this is expected behaviour of the software. The only way around it would be to map a macro on your controller to CTRL X, this is used to close launchbox via keyboard, you would of course have to be careful with it as the same command will also close Bigbox, so I would recommend setting it to a button combo to avoid accidently closing them.