LaunchBox Community Forums

Doing a Fresh Install - Use Next or Original

HellzBellz

I've just recently acquired an SSD and plan on putting the Launchbox utility on it.  I'm planning on re-downloading my image art since my current directory is littered with graphics I don't need.  With 5000+ games it'd just be easier to let the utility download specifically what I want.  That being said, my question is, should I focus on doing the image updating on the current core Launchbox version or can I do it in the Launchbox.next version?  I just did the NES section in Next, but noticed the images aren't carrying over to the core Launchbox version.  I don't want to do all of this work in Next and then an update kills all the progress.  Assuming its still in beta.

25 minutes ago, HellzBellz said:

I've just recently acquired an SSD and plan on putting the Launchbox utility on it.  I'm planning on re-downloading my image art since my current directory is littered with graphics I don't need.  With 5000+ games it'd just be easier to let the utility download specifically what I want.  That being said, my question is, should I focus on doing the image updating on the current core Launchbox version or can I do it in the Launchbox.next version?  I just did the NES section in Next, but noticed the images aren't carrying over to the core Launchbox version.  I don't want to do all of this work in Next and then an update kills all the progress.  Assuming its still in beta.

Launchbox and Launchbox.Next use the same images, there is no difference there. If the images are not showing in the older Launchbox then you probably have it set to use different images or something there. The folders images download to are still the same, both OG and Next pull them from exactly the same location.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox and Launchbox.Next use the same images, there is no difference there. If the images are not showing in the older Launchbox then you probably have it set to use different images or something there. The folders images download to are still the same, both OG and Next pull them from exactly the same location.

Using the "Regresh Images" options caused the core LB to populate.  Appreciate the response.  Now for some reason my video's aren't showing in the details section of LB original or next.  Screenshots are showing.  If I go into BigBox mode the video's play there.  I do have auto-play selected for videos.  Is there an option somewhere else I could be missing thats causing it to not show?