LaunchBox Community Forums

fceux full screen problem

Chadmando

So this just started happening out of nowhere, possibly due to stupid windows updates. When I load an nes game through launchbox, my resolution just keeps changing back and forth from 1080 to the resolution I have fceux set to run on (with a blank screen). Same thing happens if I drag and drop a nes rom file to the emulator executable file.

If I open up fceux, and then manually go to open a rom through the menus it opens properly. Any clue what could be going on? I haven't changed any settings since it last worked, but there was a recent windows update.

Just tested with a fresh download of Fceux on Windows 10 version 1709, default emulator settings other than enter fullscreen after game is loaded.

Loaded up in fullscreen mode with no problems dragging rom onto the executable.

On a side note i'd suggest switching over to a better and more accurate emulator for the NES such as Mesen or puNES, both of those are fantastic.

9 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Just tested with a fresh download of Fceux on Windows 10 version 1709, default emulator settings other than enter fullscreen after game is loaded.

Loaded up in fullscreen mode with no problems dragging rom onto the executable.

On a side note i'd suggest switching over to a better and more accurate emulator for the NES such as Mesen or puNES, both of those are fantastic.

I'll give these a shot, do they support Xinput properly? Xinput with FCEUX is starting to appear problematic to me.

I have solved my issue (using windows 10 ver 17134). My emulator settings are "fullscreen after game is loaded". My resolution and setting mimic that of a real SNES on a crtc (resolution goes down to 1280 1024 32 bpp).

What was causing me issues was Windows "focus assist". I turned all automatic rules OFF ans set it to "ALARMS ONLY". I have no clue why it was causing me issues.

6 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I haven't had any problems with my controllers in my testing with them. I use Retroarch and the Mesen core for my NES, I just have other stuff around for quick testing purposes.

Just playing around with Messen and it seems pretty damned good already,  do yo have any recommendations for an SNES emulator? I am currently using SNES9x

For SNES it depends on your CPU and if you have the special chip dumps. Technically speaking Higan / BSnes is the best and most accurate but they both have fairly hefty CPU requirements and you need the special chip dumps from games like Megaman X2 and X3 and Mario Kart.

I would just say stick with Snes9x if you are happy with it, it is really good and covers the vast majority of the SNES library without issues aside from a small selection of games very rarely played by most people. You can give Higan a try sometime and see what you think of it and how it runs on your system.

18 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

For SNES it depends on your CPU and if you have the special chip dumps. Technically speaking Higan / BSnes is the best and most accurate but they both have fairly hefty CPU requirements and you need the special chip dumps from games like Megaman X2 and X3 and Mario Kart.

I would just say stick with Snes9x if you are happy with it, it is really good and covers the vast majority of the SNES library without issues aside from a small selection of games very rarely played by most people. You can give Higan a try sometime and see what you think of it and how it runs on your system.

Alright thank you, umm one more question, do you know where the settings are for messen to load fullscreen automatically when opening a game>