LaunchBox Community Forums

Help! Bulk Edit changes series on the wrong titles (many of them)

cleverest

I really need to UNDO this, so many hours into this gone if I cannot...I changed many  in my comics collection section in launchbox, in particular SERIES with bulk edit...and somehow had most of my comics selected on accident when I did it...I need to roll this back...but can't figure out how.

Please tell me there is a way...

you can look in the backup folder and see if there is an older xml for your platform then rename it and replace it in your platform folder inside of the data folder. This is why everyone should have a backup of their Data folder on a different computer or in the cloud.

5 hours ago, DOS76 said:

you can look in the backup folder and see if there is an older xml for your platform then rename it and replace it in your platform folder inside of the data folder. This is why everyone should have a backup of their Data folder on a different computer or in the cloud.

I replaced the platform.xml already with a backup that was older, but it didn't change the series at all...is this stored somewhere else?

When you said particular series I didn't take it in the right way I thought you meant the series itself as in all the issues of that series not the setting in LB. I opened one of my platform xml files and the series tag is in there so unless the backup you used was made right after you made your changes I don't know what the issue is.series.png.bb14e4aaa0c91ffbf234e9b745b4fbfe.png

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

When you said particular series I didn't take it in the right way I thought you meant the series itself as in all the issues of that series not the setting in LB. I opened one of my platform xml files and the series tag is in there so unless the backup you used was made right after you made your changes I don't know what the issue is.series.png.bb14e4aaa0c91ffbf234e9b745b4fbfe.png

The files themselves were bulk edited and SERIES was changed there....but all the files themselves are all under one platform in this LB build (it's under COMICS)...they are separated into many playlists....based on the series...so when I overwrote the wrong series...it killed my playlists...UGH, what a mess..I wish I could just "roll it back".

I mean you can use ctrl  + left click to select multiple issues at once and fix them but I doubt there is a way to roll them back. I looked at one of my playlist xml files but there isn't any series data stored in them so can't change them there. The only suggestion I can make is be much more careful in the future.

8 hours ago, DOS76 said:

with your user name I wouldn't think you were capable of making such a big mistake

I would laugh but after hundreds of hours with meticulous bulk editing series, comics, editions, etc and no way to roll this back even though I can for so many other sorts of blunders...I'm just depressed.