LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Launch Issues When Laptop Unplugged

RDR

All,

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with an I5 processor and Nvidia 1050TI. Everything works fine when I am plugged in; however, when I unplug from the power cord my NES emulator and PS2 Emulator has issues running the games at full speed. The sound crackles and the games are almost unplayable, but I plug the laptop back in and everything works normally. Additionally, I do not have this issue when running my MAME games.

I have gone into NVidia global settings and selected Max Performance, done the same with the power management system on the computer, and still no dice!!! If it helps I am using Nestopia & PCSX2 for emulation. Believe it or not, the PS2 emulator works better than the Nestopia when unplugged...

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

DOS76,

Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate it!!! I circled back and recalibrated the setting and unfortunately it didn’t work. I pulled up the task manager and ran the usage on another monitor while plugged in and unplugged. The good news is there wasn’t any significant difference after making your recommended changes between the usage. 

Ultimately I downloaded a new driver for the graphics card, and bam...everything is working normal now! Truly am thankful for you guidance!