LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Crashes When Adding Rom Files

Aurion

Windows 10 is preventing Launchbox from using Visual Styles. I have tried downgrading Launchbox to previous versions with the same result. Launchbox Version 8.4 . Jason Carr made it clear this is not something that launchbox has done, but is a problem with Windows Install. He said to come here for help to fix the issue.

Visual Styles-related operation resulted in an error because visual styles are currently disabled in the client area.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.4
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Boolean IsCombinationDefined(System.String, Int32)
Source:  System.Windows.Forms

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.IsCombinationDefined(String className, Int32 part)
   at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.SetParameters(String className, Int32 part, Int32 state)
   at AeroWizard.ThemedTableLayoutPanel.Form_LostFocus(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnDeactivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

1:03:46 AM Music.Pause Start
   1:03:46 AM Music.Prepare Start
   1:03:46 AM Music.Kill Start
   1:03:46 AM Music.Kill Finished
   1:03:46 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   1:03:46 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke MainForm
   1:05:26 AM Exception

Edited by Aurion
Update to Clarify

Click the start button and type control panel, click on it. Click System and Security then System, then Advanced system settings in the left bar. In the newly opened window click the performance settings box. Im not sure what settings you will have to change in here as its not something i have ever needed to do, Launchbox has always just worked for me on Windows 10. Here are what settings i have in there, these were set by Windows as i have never been into this screen before, but i just googled your issue and this is where it said to go.

image.thumb.png.b93a7a94102b707b0425334c65af2b64.png

I tried those settings then restarted, and it still crashed launchbox with the same error.

Also I only noticed this happening after I cloned my original C windows drive to a bigger drive, and then switched to the new one. Though if cloning works as it should. Nothing should have changed.

Edited by Aurion