LaunchBox Community Forums

noob need a little help please

13ondy

Hi everyone, I'm new to LaunchBox but from what I can tell it's great.

I'm having a problem tho, I just recently purchased a hp 8200 intel core i7 2600 3.4 ghz with 8 gb of ram, I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 pro on to it.
I have installed LaunchBox with no problem at all, I downloaded Retroarch dropped it into my emulator folder on LaunchBox, when I click on Retroarch it opens then shuts straight away, I can't seem to open it.
I'm hoping someone with a bit more knowledge then me might be able to help me out , I hope I've explained it well enough.
Thanks anyone that spares the time to help me.

If your i7 2600 is using the iGPU there will be a driver signing issue with RetroArch and it won't open unless you go into the retroarch.cfg file and manually set the video and menu driver to something other than gl and xmb I have this issue on a few of my older laptops. I don't recommend getting the above mentioned installer as it actually installs RA differently than if you get the zip file and install it but that is just me.

I just added that file you put up into my retroarch and tryed to open it, it wont open at all now ? . I guess until i can save back enough money for a decent graphics card that ive had it.

Thanks DOS76 for all the help you have tried to give me i really appricate it.