LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot download platform videos

CaptainJ

Hi guys hoping someone can help me out here,

i am a Launchbox premium user and I want to download all the platform videos. Inside Launchbox I went to tools, then to download platform/playlist theme videos and when I do I get this error:

”unable to connect to and/or validate with the Launchbox videos database. Please make sure you have an internet connection and that your local computers date and time are set correctly”

of course I have internet (I’m posting this via the Internet right now) and my clock and time are fine as well. What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

hello, im new to forum, but not to launchbox, ive been using launchbox since very early beta, i love it so much, it has been the love of my computer, is has cleaned it up so nicely, lately though i have a problem, its not the time problem, but it is related to being unable to download videos through the tools platform/playlist theme videos, every now and then i get some, but most of the time, i either get maybe 1 or 2 videos, and most do not come at all, and says error unable to download, and they always download so slow like i am on a 56k dialup modem, i am on a 15meg download speed nbn internet here in australia, so get videos shouldn't be an issue, i had no issue before, i dont know why i am now, ive reinstalled afew times, but still getting the same speeds, any help would be much help please.

10 hours ago, kumozero said:

hello, im new to forum, but not to launchbox, ive been using launchbox since very early beta, i love it so much, it has been the love of my computer, is has cleaned it up so nicely, lately though i have a problem, its not the time problem, but it is related to being unable to download videos through the tools platform/playlist theme videos, every now and then i get some, but most of the time, i either get maybe 1 or 2 videos, and most do not come at all, and says error unable to download, and they always download so slow like i am on a 56k dialup modem, i am on a 15meg download speed nbn internet here in australia, so get videos shouldn't be an issue, i had no issue before, i dont know why i am now, ive reinstalled afew times, but still getting the same speeds, any help would be much help please.

I'm sorry to hear; there's probably not a lot we can do, sadly. Everything is hosted over here in the US, and sometimes the Internet can be fickle when transferring things overseas. If you have access to a VPN, that can often help.