LaunchBox Community Forums

List of few questions

Starbuck

Been using Launchbox for a couple of months now. Converted from another front end that I had been using for a number of years. Still importing roms and I am cleaning up images as I go along.

1) I know that the more platforms I have, the slower launchbox will be at startup. Currently setting at 130,151 roms and still have quite a few to go. Still very happy with the speed of Lanchbox. (Once I load Launchbox I keep it up most of the time so that I can play when I feel the need .) Is there a magic number of games  that caps out Launchbox. Want to add ExDos and some Flash games and that will increase the number quite a bit.

2) I have lots of sub-platforms. (prototypes, Hacks, Japan, demos etc.) Hope if and when nested platforms come out, it will be easy to convert. Any ideas.

3 When you manage platforms, you get a nice list of platforms and number of games. Is there a way of printing said list.

4)When new images are added to the download section, are they also added to the database. Or, do I need to download and install manually.

5)Is there a way to do a search and install for metadata and media for just a single platform and not everything.

6) I have Launchbox and my images on one drive and my games on two other drives. Other then re importing or changing the drive letter on each game in the data file,  is there a way to change the drive letter for games. I at times will import on the same drive as Launchbox , and have happy with I want done, I move the games to one of the other 2 drives. Really don't want to delete and re import.

7) How do I change the image on a single game. I go to edit a game. Scroll thru the media, find the image I want. I hit ok but the image doesn't change.

Thank you Jason for what you do and the community for always being there when we users have questions.