LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream issues

Cr45h

Hi Guys & Girls, 

I put all my dreamcast games in to launchbox, and used retroarch for the emulation, i installed both the reicast core and the redream core, I tested both and found reicast worked better in terms of retroarch cores. However a few days later I decided to buy the premium version of ReDream so that I could upscale the resolution. I removed the reicast core and redream core from retroarch, I installed ReDream point launchbox to use that as the default emulator, and now whenever I double click on the games it does nothing, however if i right click on the game in Launchbox and choose launch with and select redream it will load the game up no problems!

Why is it not doing it when I simply double click on the game in Launchbox?

Any help or pointers would be gratefully received. 

Thanks in Advance 

You have to tell your games to use the new emulator.

Go to your Dreamcast platform, select all the games using Control + A on your keyboard, then press Control + E to open the edit tool, this will start the Bulk Edit wizard. In the first dropdown menu select what you want to change, in this case the Emulator, then in the 2nd dropdown menu chose your new emulator entry for Redream. Finish out the wizard and your games should all now use the Redream emulator.

• 2 years later...