LaunchBox Community Forums

Aimtrak light gun questions

voicesinthedark

I've searched around the internet and the only options I've really found for using a light gun on a modern (lcd,etc) TV seem to be a WIImote toss together or one of the Aimtrak Light guns. I know with emulation you can just set it up to use other input methods instead of a light gun, which I've tried, but it just doesn't have the same feel to it.

I'm wondering is there anyone on here that has one of the Aimtrak Light guns and if so how well do they work and do you think they're worth the money?

I did just get an aimtrak gun setup on my arcade cabinet. So far i am satisfied with the gun. The accuracy is good but i wish going from 16x9 to 4x3 games there was a way to recall a saved calibration for the gun instead of recalibrating in the game (not a deal breaker). I dont have any experience with other light guns but i will be purchasing a second aimtrak gun for my cabinet. The only thing i will caution is windows 10 with dual monitors does not play nice with aimtrak guns. I have used the gun in mame, taito type x, sega ringwide/ringedge, and american laser games with no issues.

3 hours ago, twobucks said:

I did just get an aimtrak gun setup on my arcade cabinet. So far i am satisfied with the gun. The accuracy is good but i wish going from 16x9 to 4x3 games there was a way to recall a saved calibration for the gun instead of recalibrating in the game (not a deal breaker). I dont have any experience with other light guns but i will be purchasing a second aimtrak gun for my cabinet. The only thing i will caution is windows 10 with dual monitors does not play nice with aimtrak guns. I have used the gun in mame, taito type x, sega ringwide/ringedge, and american laser games with no issues.

awesome, thanks for letting me know your experience with it. I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to get one or not but the 100 dollars or so for one is a big purchase for me so I wanted some real feedback from someone that had one before making a final decision.