LaunchBox Community Forums

sega/mega cd music delay and sound issues

magpiebob

i am pretty new to Lunchbox and emulation, but have managed to follow the tutorial videos ( which are very well done btw) and everything else has worked except this issue.

just to clarify i have downloaded the darkwater rips of the mega cd roms which are iso+wav files, i then converted the iso files to .bin files and updated the .cue files with the sega cue maker so the music files do play.

here are the issues firstly the music is out of sync by about 2 secs and some tracks are making a loud hissing sound e.g. character select screen on final fight cd and the entire 1st level on sonic cd

any help would be greatly  appreciated as i have spent some time looking around the net and found nothing on this issue

thanks bob

Does this happen only when loaded through LB or in the emulator on its own ?

I have had to convert a few disk images from iso + wav before but never had that issue at all. The way I did it was to mount the disk image using Virtual Clone Drive and then use ImgBurn to rip that into a bin and generate a cue using ImgBurn as well.