LaunchBox Community Forums

Automatically Unzip 7Zip Files Before Playing?

REVPOD

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to get Retroarch to play my 3DO games that have been compressed with 7Zip.  I've been using the unzip before playing option with Sega CD and it works like a charm (.zip).  7Zip files though, seem to be an issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Thanks!

I assume you are using the 4DO core, right?  If so, that core works with zip, 7z and CHD compressed formats.  I just tried a 7z Battle Chess ROM set and it works okay.  Inside the zip/7z files should be a cue and bin filed that is named correctly (i.e., your cue file references exact title of the BIN file. CUE you can open with text editor).  You might try unzipping a file into a folder and trying to load the cue file uncompressed.  Unless there is some issue with the 7z file or it was compressed with a bunch of subfolders inside.  Other than that, if you said the zip files are working then you could use a batch file to convert the 7z to zip, but again, shouldn't be the case since should work with 7z as well.