LaunchBox Community Forums

Place Custom videos for game in Big Box

surreal0769

Hi, I have a question about adding videos to Windows platform games. Seems like everything that comes from emu-movies is a still shot for the games like StarCraft 2 and I would like to add my own cut mp4's to those games which don't number too many at the moment. Noticed the GTA San Andreas for PS2 comes up with a cool video but when you add it to the Windows platform its a still picture. Kind of annoying but just wondering how I add the videos to those games and not sure if I know how to add the clear logos to the games but figured out how to for the platforms now. Thanks.

well not all of it. emu-movies is the goto place for video snaps in my opinion. so when you scrape, you send along information like "platform" playstation 2 for instance. it will ask the server if it has such a video (or any other media) it will return with what you asked for if it has any. so to come back to GTA, yes playstation has that video. if windows does not it will not give you the playstation video because a. that was not what you asked for and b. the video would look different because it's on windows and not on ps2. 

as to add video and images to your games, when you right click on the game you want to add media too and click properties a window will appear showing you a various info about the game including a video path. move your video to the corresponding video folder of that platform and from the properties windows point to that video. images are even easier just drop the image in the picture box located in the properties window and change the "class" of the image by right clicking on the the image you just dropped in, and class it as "clear logo" or game - screen shot or box art.. 

I'm doing this from the top of  my head so .. I hope it sticks. 

Thanks! Yeah that appeared to work. I don't mind using the GTA San Andreas video for the Windows platform also because it looks the same on either system. There are some games like Pinball FX 2 that has the long intro screen before you see the actual footage and I'm planning on cutting the first part out. StarCraft2 has some cool vids out there too that ill throw in. Thanks for responding.