LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with Arcade games in LB and BB

Columbo

After 4 days of wrestling with launchbox, (the problem was with me, not Launchbox), I think I have things almost sorted out.  There are just a couple of problems that I need help with.  First problem is that all of my SNES games run fine in both LB and BB but running some of my Arcade games in LB, Galaga being one ( I love Galaga), it runs but when pressing the fire button on my Xbox 360 controller, it is very slow.  I fire a round and it is almost all of the way up to the top of the screen before the next round is fired. I am using mame2003 from within Retroarch as the emulator.  I tried a couple of other Mame cores  but it made no difference.

The second problem is that while most of the Arcade games that I have tried run fine in Launchbox, some of them like, Galaga,  do not run in BigBox.  In BB I double click on Galaga and it says "Loading..." but it does not load.  Maybe a setting in BigBox?  I'm not sure if there are settings options in BigBox but if there is, I don't know how to access them.

Any help with these problems would be very much appreciated and a BIG thank you to all of those who have helped me so far.

Thanks.

Edited by Columbo