LaunchBox Community Forums

Gameboy Not working

calico33

Just now, calico33 said:

I tried putting in gameboy games and not working. Used retroarch, should i use a different emulator? Are the roms suppose to be zipped or unzipped?

You need to add GameBoy to the associated platform tab for retroarch, only GameBoy Color is there by default.

26 minutes ago, calico33 said:

I put it in as Gameboy, put the core as gambatte_libretro and checked default emulator box.

I just put in gameboy color with no problems. don't know why this one went easy but not original gameboy. also having trouble putting in the famicom system

11 hours ago, calico33 said:

I just put in gameboy color with no problems. don't know why this one went easy but not original gameboy. also having trouble putting in the famicom system

The name in the associated platform tab must match exactly what the platform is called in Launchbox. So you likely need to add Nintendo to the names.

image.thumb.png.d0e7b2ff0bf221baff3046e90ed13bc9.png

On 10/22/2018 at 7:43 AM, neil9000 said:

The name in the associated platform tab must match exactly what the platform is called in Launchbox. So you likely need to add Nintendo to the names.

image.thumb.png.d0e7b2ff0bf221baff3046e90ed13bc9.png

So I put Nintendo Game Boy in the associated platform under manage platforms and under retroarch under manage emulator and it work. thank you for the help!