LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't Launch CP3 Games

natemac00

I've been updating my LaunchBox to ensure everything is working.

I used the Full Set Importer of 0.201 ROMs & CHDs.

I'm using Retroarch FBA2012 - CP1 to launch CP1 Roms - THIS WORKS
I'm using Retroarch FBA2012 - CP2 to launch CP2 Roms - THIS WORKS
I'm using Retroarch FBA to launch CP3 Games - THIS DOES NOT WORK

MAMEUI0.201 will load the Rom
Retroarch FBA2012 CP1 & CP2 will also not load the rom.

I'm not sure where to troubleshoot this, very strange.

Debug Output

2018-10-25 11:15:15 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2018-10-25 11:15:15 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2018-10-25 11:15:15 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2018-10-25 11:15:15 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2018-10-25 11:15:16 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentException: Win32 handle that was passed to Icon is not valid or is the wrong type.
   at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(IntPtr handle, Boolean takeOwnership)
2018-10-25 11:15:16 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentException: Win32 handle that was passed to Icon is not valid or is the wrong type.
   at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(IntPtr handle, Boolean takeOwnership)
   at System.Drawing.Icon.FromHandle(IntPtr handle)
   at (String )
   at Unbroken.FileHelper.GetSmallIconFromFile(String filePath)
2018-10-25 11:15:29 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2018-10-25 11:15:29 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2018-10-25 11:15:29 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed

Edited by natemac00

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I havent ever used fba as i use mame for all my Arcade stuff, so i'm no expert on the core, but does it need a path for your CHD's?

I just found this:

For those who are having problems with the CPS3 under Retroarch and fbalpha cores, get the Final Burn Alpha ROMs. They are not the same as the MAME or the CPS3 Emulator. Also, there appears to be no difference between plain ROMs and the CHD versions as far as I can tell. They are actually about the same size.

I'm not sure why CP1 & CP2 are fine, but CP3 is different.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Yeah pass, the mame roms are designed for mame so thats what i use, i have no idea as to why the roms are different there.

I was only choosing to use the fbaalpha from the ETA Prime recommendation, have you noticed any issue using MAME with those roms?

4 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

I was only choosing to use the fbaalpha from the ETA Prime recommendation, have you noticed any issue using MAME with those roms?

None whatsoever, i believe that FBA will run on weaker hardware, but i havent any issues running them in mame on a i5 3570k.

• Thanks 1