LaunchBox Community Forums

Minor bug report?

joele

Sorry not sure where to put this, minor bug.

When adding a new system, if I do it by adding roms from a folder say d:\roms\SegaSaturn and then choose platform/emulator etc it will add the roms from the folder I selected (and in this case create the platform) but then if I put more roms in that folder and rescan it won't find them as even if I never add roms from the launchbox roms folder it will ALWAYS default to that as the roms folder.. Seems to make sense if you are adding the platform by adding a folder of roms from outside that path the roms folder should be populated from that path not the default path?

No big deal I have fixed mine as can change easily enough, it just seemed counter intuitive for it to default to a different folder than you initially add the roms from.

8 minutes ago, joele said:

Sorry not sure where to put this, minor bug.

When adding a new system, if I do it by adding roms from a folder say d:\roms\SegaSaturn and then choose platform/emulator etc it will add the roms from the folder I selected (and in this case create the platform) but then if I put more roms in that folder and rescan it won't find them as even if I never add roms from the launchbox roms folder it will ALWAYS default to that as the roms folder.. Seems to make sense if you are adding the platform by adding a folder of roms from outside that path the roms folder should be populated from that path not the default path?

No big deal I have fixed mine as can change easily enough, it just seemed counter intuitive for it to default to a different folder than you initially add the roms from.

This is not a bug but expected behaviour. It defaults to the Launchbox/Games/Name of platform folder as a lot of people move/copy there games into the Launchbox folder structure to keep things organized and portable. It is easy enough to change though, just go to Tools/Manage Platforms and click on the folders tab, and under games use the browse button to point to where your games are and then the search for added/removed roms will work as expected. It has been brought up before however, and may be added to do it automatically at some point in the future.