LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame not importing Naomi playlists etc

crnppscls

So i've imported a 0.202 romset + chd's/samples. When i did an older import last year, naomi, atomiswave ect appeared in my platform list and i was able to group select and run them with Demul. Same with model 2/3 etc.
I've highlighted the checkbox to import them in this way but nothing appears in the platform list apart from arcade after import. Even if i go into playlists, Naomi and atomiswave are not there.

The naomi games have imported however because chaos field ect appears in arcade. I have tried the add missing playlists but i think i may be doing something wrong fundamentally but i'm not sure what ?

4 minutes ago, crnppscls said:

So i've imported a 0.202 romset + chd's/samples. When i did an older import last year, naomi, atomiswave ect appeared in my platform list and i was able to group select and run them with Demul. Same with model 2/3 etc.
I've highlighted the checkbox to import them in this way but nothing appears in the platform list apart from arcade after import. Even if i go into playlists, Naomi and atomiswave are not there.

The naomi games have imported however because chaos field ect appears in arcade. I have tried the add missing playlists but i think i may be doing something wrong fundamentally but i'm not sure what ?

Did you use the new MAME importer? If so then that is by design as only games that are marked as working in MAME are actually imported, hence no Atomiswave or Naomi games are imported, they don't work in MAME.

Yes i did Neil. I wondered if you could help me again, is there any way to filter these titles so i can assign them a default emulator without doing it game by game ?

Thx for the reply btw. There is a thing also that i uncheck that says "skip games unplayable in mame" which worked before but doesnt now

Edited by crnppscls

1 minute ago, crnppscls said:

Yes i did Neil. I wondered if you could help me again, is there any way to filter these titles so i can assign them a default emulator without doing it game by game ?

Thx for the reply btw

Not really im afraid, the MAME importer is for MAME games only at this stage. You can try the below scripts to copy those games to there own folder and import them that way, it's for a older MAME romset (0.184) but should work for the most part.