LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with metadata language

pablogfdv

Hi, everyone. I've been using Launchbox sparingly for more than a year (I loved it from the beginning, so I purchased a lifetime license right away), and I finally have the free time to start importing systems and tweak them to my satisfaction.

I am loving the new nested system and automatic playlists. Thank you so much, Jason.

Thing is, I just run into a problem that is quite annoying. As I live in Spain, when I installed my copy of Launchbox I discovered that it was translated into spanish. Really nice, thank you, but I prefer using a non-translated version. I went into Tools>Options and changed the language to english. Everything was great until I noticed that, when I import a game, some of the metadata (Play Mode, specifically) gets written in spanish. Also, when I auto-generate child playlists fror a platform, some of them (Regions, Developer, Publisher) also get translated into spanish. I could go and change them all manually, but I'm hoping there is an easier solution.

Thank you so much. Launchbox rules!

Of course! No problem at all.

1156200490_Launchbox-VirtualBoychildplaylists.thumb.jpg.969cbfacf30ba48c16836af37e7fcd1f.jpg1541815090_Launchbox-MariosTennis.thumb.jpg.b8b88b4957f2f2946f66d281865665fc.jpgAs far as I can see, the metadata that I get wrong (that is, translated into spanish) is mainly reduced to the Play Mode and Status fields. And, also, the names of the auto-generated playlists for Play Mode ("Modos de Juego"), Genres ("Géneros"), Regions ("Regiones"), Developers ("Desarrolladores") and Publishers ("Editores"). They're not a problem, I can easily change them manually. I'm more concerned about the metadata.

707868610_Launchbox-Windowschildplaylists.thumb.jpg.a776c0424252fda7419a7c55a21eff37.jpgAs you can see in this last image, I got two different playlists generated for the Single Player mode (the other one is "Un jugador"), as the games have their metadata in two different languages (I suppose the ones in english were grabbed from Steam?). Not a big deal now, but I can see it getting out of my control pretty fast.

I searched for a while before opening a new thread. Sorry if I wasn't thorough enough.

Thank you for your assistance and, again, for this wonderful software.

Well, that was easy. I looked into the Metadata folder and I saw this:

Before.thumb.jpg.a3fc56e6c69708a50c1cca7efaad8332.jpgBefore deleting anything I just tried changing the name of the highlighted folder, which I assume contains the spanish translation.

After.thumb.jpg.a683e35f262057643ed1dcc77b95d9a2.jpgThat's how I left it. Opened Launchbox, downloaded the metadata again and problem solved. It worked for the playlists too.

I'll keep an eye on it, but it looks like this simple solution has completely fixed the issue. Whenever I update Launchbox I'll just check the Metadata folder again.

Thank you so much, @Jason Carr.

• Like 1