LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating from Free to Premium

vaderag

I've just bought a premium licence (thank you Black Friday!), and now I'm wondering...

What's the best way to update my setup to take advantage of all the new features?

For example I remember some things were greyed out when I added all my systems (can't remember exactly what) and I especially remember automatic playlist creation was not available (and would like that), but sure there are other things...

What's the quickest way to take advantage of all that stuff now?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, vaderag said:

I've just bought a premium licence (thank you Black Friday!), and now I'm wondering...

What's the best way to update my setup to take advantage of all the new features?

For example I remember some things were greyed out when I added all my systems (can't remember exactly what) and I especially remember automatic playlist creation was not available (and would like that), but sure there are other things...

What's the quickest way to take advantage of all that stuff now?

Thanks

Just close Launchbox drop your license.xml into your Launchbox folder and re-open it, you will now have premium features.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Just close Launchbox drop your license.xml into your Launchbox folder and re-open it, you will now have premium features.

Sorry, that's not quite the question - I've done this and see it's activated :)

The question is, now that I have the premium features, what's the quickest way to pick up the things that are available now to me and get them all added to my collection? 
(an example being system specific playlists that I definitely remember were a blocked option when I added systems on the free version, but they havent just appeared now that i added my licence key)

Just now, vaderag said:

Sorry, that's not quite the question - I've done this and see it's activated :)

The question is, now that I have the premium features, what's the quickest way to pick up the things that are available now to me and get them all added to my collection? 
(an example being system specific playlists that I definitely remember were a blocked option when I added systems on the free version, but they havent just appeared now that i added my licence key)

For those i believe you need to be in Platform Category view, then just right click a platform and you should see the option to create them, they are not created by default it's a manual choice/option.

Screenshot_(204).thumb.png.287eb2125930eb3bad2e905f5e8e5940.png

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

For those i believe you need to be in Platform Category view, then just right click a platform and you should see the option to create them, they are not created by default it's a manual choice/option.

Thanks - that's helpful :)

Is there a list of other cool things I should check out?

Predominently bought for Big Box and the playlists, but presume there is other cool stuff?

Just now, vaderag said:

Thanks - that's helpful :)

Is there a list of other cool things I should check out?

Predominently bought for Big Box and the playlists, but presume there is other cool stuff?

To many to list, to be honest most of the premium features in Launchbox were customization related only, its bigbox that is the big benefit of a premium license. One of the big new premium features is launchbox themes, like you can see in my image, although there are only two available. You can of course create your own though.

Here is the changelog page.

https://www.launchbox-app.com/about/changelog

Just now, Ninjadog said:

While were here, I also upgraded today mainly because I thought I could select games with the joystick, not use the joystick as a mouse. I don't see a clear way to set this in the options/joystick area?

Bigbox is for controller/Joystick use, Launchbox is the general setup UI and is mouse focused, so the controller acts like a mouse there.

53 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Bigbox is for controller/Joystick use, Launchbox is the general setup UI and is mouse focused, so the controller acts like a mouse there.

Thanks. Got it sorted out...Next question, can I launch straight into Bigbox without selecting it from Launchbox first?

Just now, Ninjadog said:

Thanks. Got it sorted out...Next question, can I launch straight into Bigbox without selecting it from Launchbox first?

Yes, in the Launchbox folder are shortcuts for Launchbox and Bigbox, just copy it wherever you want it, i have them both pinned to my taskbar for example.

On 11/23/2018 at 12:32 PM, neil9000 said:

So, I just did this, nested them under Publishers (for example) and tried to delete one of the publishers - seems to have messed up and un-nested all the publishers...

Is there any way to NOT have to go through these one by one to delete them??

Where are the playlist iformation stored - I'd rather emove all playlist info and start again...

31 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox/Data/Playlists you can just delete the .xml's. Make sure you close Launchbox first though.

Great, thank you.

Any way to get publisher playlists but only for publishers >50games?

Equally, any way to easily combine theGenre lists (i.e. set all Ball-and-Paddle under one category?)

Edited by vaderag

On 11/25/2018 at 2:59 PM, neil9000 said:

Launchbox/Data/Playlists you can just delete the .xml's. Make sure you close Launchbox first though.

Wanted to revisit this question as just signed up with Emumovies and went through the add of MAME again

Chose playlists at this point and now have a load of playlists directly under Arcade which i'd like to nest under MAME... is there an easy way to manage this?