LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto-Generate Child Playlist using Launchbox.next

Weyay

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't seem to find anything that really explains it.

I'm using Launchbox.next and the only tutorials I can find are for the normal launchbox, I want to use the auto-generate child playlist feature, which was recently added in version 9.0, yet can't seem to find the option anywhere in the software. I would just revert back to the basic launchbox, but I can't, there is no option for this. So, is it possible to do this yet in launchbox.next, am I missing something? 

10 minutes ago, Weyay said:

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can't seem to find anything that really explains it.

I'm using Launchbox.next and the only tutorials I can find are for the normal launchbox, I want to use the auto-generate child playlist feature, which was recently added in version 9.0, yet can't seem to find the option anywhere in the software. I would just revert back to the basic launchbox, but I can't, there is no option for this. So, is it possible to do this yet in launchbox.next, am I missing something? 

If you are using a version of Launchbox that still has the old Launchbox and the version called LaunchboxNext you need to update. The child playlist feature only exist in newer version of Launchbox which is what Lauchbox.Next became. Next was just the temporary name for the evolution of Launchbox that Jason put in place to let users see what changes he was making to Launchbox. As of 8.6 the old version was removed and Next officially became Launchbox. 

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If you are using a version of Launchbox that still has the old Launchbox and the version called LaunchboxNext you need to update. The child playlist feature only exist in newer version of Launchbox which is what Lauchbox.Next became. Next was just the temporary name for the evolution of Launchbox that Jason put in place to let users see what changes he was making to Launchbox. As of 8.6 the old version was removed and Next officially became Launchbox. 

My Launchbox is updated to 9.1, thought it was still called Launchbox.Next. This is what my launchbox interface looks like. From what I understand is that I need to right click on the platform label on the top right, but I can't right click that. If I right click a platform itself (Ex. Super Nintendo) I can go to edit, but there is no option for auto-generate child playlists. image.thumb.png.27ce4250f153b7aee35ce7c2f1a7e4d6.png