LaunchBox Community Forums

How can i update my 300 roms to work with 0.202v ?

oz1

2 minutes ago, oz1 said:

Hello everyone
I have a folder with 300 ROMs that currently work with version 0.140
I want them to work with newer version like 0.202, what am I supposed to do?

To be honest with you you would be better off grabbing a new romset. In order to update to 0.202 you would need every single MAME update pack between 0.141 and 0.202, so thats 62 update packs you need to find and download.

You update using clrmamepro here is a tutorial.

But that is a very long winded way of doing it and would take forever to update 62 packs, even if you can find them all, which i highly doubt.

As i said it would be a lot simpler and faster to start from scratch with a new set.

5 minutes ago, oz1 said:

got it

Is there a software that can watch my roms, and replace them to the new rom version from a complete ROMset 0.202?

Not that i'm aware of, and if you just want to pick out specific roms from a romset you will need a non-merged romset which is the biggest in size, aroung 110GB if i recall you cant just pick games out of the other two romset syles as the will rely on other game zips and bios as well in order to run a lot of the games.