LaunchBox Community Forums

Holly

bbweiners

Holly

View File

This is a theme that I've been hacking away at for a while.

It has 4 views -- A fullscreen video view with and without scanlines and a widescreen view with and without scanlines.

I included all the playlist logos that I created.

I was inspired by the Chicuelo theme.

Just exact the folder "Holly" into your themes directory and install the font.

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel1GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.23.42.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel1GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.24.09.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel2GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.13.02.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel2GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.13.06.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel2GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.13.34.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel3GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.13.43.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel3GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.13.47.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel3GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.14.13.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - HorizontalWheel3GamesView - 2019-06-03 22.14.25.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - PlatformWheel2FiltersView - 2019-06-03 22.12.43.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - PlatformWheel2FiltersView - 2019-06-03 22.12.55.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - PlatformWheel3FiltersView - 2019-06-03 22.12.17.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - Holly - PlatformWheel3FiltersView - 2019-06-03 22.12.23.jpg

Edited by bbweiners
  • Game On 1

• 2 months later...

Can i suggest some modifications? i think i'll make this my next standard theme :D

For example, i don't use videos for platform, so i modified PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml to remove them. It would be nice if you make a PlatformWheel2 "no video" view, only horizontal wheel with clear logos.

Also, for GameView it would be nice if there is a clear logo of previous and next game. Something like this:Cattura.thumb.PNG.e7623f4a1927e15491c2c66aa746e280.PNGit makes more "wheel sense".

edit 1: also, i absolutely love the background for platform view. What about to make it a background video, with the same image that it moves veeery slow?

Edited by Sath
update info

@Sath -- Right now I pretty much have everything updated and just need to put it all together. I like your platform background ideas and might do those in future versions. I'm not a big fan of the "wheel." So when I make themes I try to get away from that, to a certain extent.

Hi,

I love this theme too. Is it possible, in an easy way, to show a screenshot of the game for 3 seconds, and then the video, in order to make the scrolling between games much smoother because it doesn't have to load every video if you scroll fast between games ?

4 hours ago, adu said:

Hi,

I love this theme too. Is it possible, in an easy way, to show a screenshot of the game for 3 seconds, and then the video, in order to make the scrolling between games much smoother because it doesn't have to load every video if you scroll fast between games ?

Thanks Adu. It's currently not possible to do what you asked. You can hide the video for three seconds and show a screenshot, but the video still loads and plays. So, that kind of defeats the purpose of what you're asking. I actually wanted to do the same thing on another of my themes.

Edited by bbweiners
  • Like 1