LaunchBox Community Forums

All .xml files

Kredian

Every single time I try to start up Launchbox it get an error.  First it is the BigBoxSettings.xml is corrupt then Settings.xml then Platforms.xml it just runs down the list then it goes through SegaGenesis.xml.  I will restore the xml files having to change all of the names.  it will run fine.  Then when I shutdown launchbox and try to start it back up I have to go through the process all over again.  Is this a known bug or issue in this build?   

*update*  Now I tried to copy over the backup of the SegaGenesis.xml because it is telling me that it is corrupt and when i restore that one it is still giving the corrupt error and I only have the one copy of the xml file in the backup folder.  So now Launchbox will not run at all.

Edited by Rifter22

@Rifter22 Unfortunately it sounds like something happened to corrupt lots of the LaunchBox data files on your machine. It's probably worth running chkdsk to make sure that you don't have any file system or hard drive issues. Otherwise, I don't know why else that would happen really.

If your file system or hard drive is getting corrupted, then it's possible that the backups are corrupted as well. First things first, go ahead and run chkdsk to see if it finds any errors.

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/fix-hard-drives-chkdsk-windows-10/