LaunchBox Community Forums

Bug report - Sort order

FALSE

Not sure where to report bugs but I'm going through my game lists and using the custom "Sort Title" field to show my games in a very specific order and seem to have found a bug.
I'm just using numbers for the sort title. 1, 2, 3, etc but Launchbox doesn't seem to account for the zeros. The number 10 is sorted the same as the number 1. The number 20 is sorted the same as the number 2.

For example, in a list of games I have custom sorted as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
They show up in my game list as 

1, 10, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11,

If you add a  20 into the list,it sorts like...

1, 10, 2, 20, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11

EDIT

Actually it seems to be worse than I thought.

It's not recognizing the 11 either.

So it's sorting like 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, etc...

Edited by FALSE

5 minutes ago, FALSE said:

Not sure where to report bugs but I'm going through my game lists and using the custom "Sort Title" field to show my games in a very specific order and seem to have found a bug.
I'm just using numbers for the sort title. 1, 2, 3, etc but Launchbox doesn't seem to account for the zeros. The number 10 is sorted the same as the number 1. The number 20 is sorted the same as the number 2.

For example, in a list of games I have custom sorted as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
They show up in my game list as 

1, 10, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11,

If you add a  20 into the list,it sorts like...

1, 10, 2, 20, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11

You likely have them numbered wrong, they should likely be 01, 02, 03 etc.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You likely have them numbered wrong, they should likely be 01, 02, 03 etc.

What if you're sorting 100+ games that way(i'm not)? Then you'd have to be doing 001, 002, etc...
Or even a 1000? 0001, 0002...

To me that doesn't seem very intuitive.

2 minutes ago, FALSE said:

What if you're sorting 100+ games that way(i'm not)? Then you'd have to be doing 001, 002, etc...
Or even a 1000? 0001, 0002...

To me that doesn't seem very intuitive.

I dont think you need to, just 01-09, its not a Launchbox thing its how numbering on OS's generally work, anything below 10 is represented as 01, 02 etc.Even things like TV Show seasons have to be named that way in order to be in the correct order as you can see in this shot.

image.thumb.png.74d11b11ec90a644965e45408309e2b4.png

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I dont think you need to, just 01-09, its not a Launchbox thing its how numbering on OS's generally work, anything below 10 is represented as 01, 02 etc.Even things like TV Show seasons have to be named that way in order to be in the correct order as you can see in this shot.

That ordering system went away right around when Windows XP came out. Later Windows sort by looking at the entire file name string.
Not sure about other OSes though.

Regardless, it's simple to work around.