LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox hangs when using Scan for added roms in WiiU

Rangdazzlah

• 1 year later...

It could be because for WiiU each game rpx file is located in subfolders in the games folder name. Launchbox looks for a singular folder to scan. If you edit your WiiU platform and look at the rom path folder you will see what folder it is scanning. Why it would hang and not just return a "0" result I am not sure. But scanning is normally best when all game files are located in a single folder. 

• 6 months later...

I had the same issue but thought it was just me. My solution was to rename the .rpx files, for example U-King.rpx to their actual name (The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.rpx). I then imported that one single file. I don't have a lot of Wii U games so it isn't too tedious. Another way I found to avoid the Wii U freeze when scanning is to scan each platform individually. Hope it helps!