LaunchBox Community Forums

Use BigBox in second screen

traynor1987

Hi,

I have been using Hyperspin for years now but came across this, played with the free version and just bought the licence and tried Big box which is brilliant. However I have my PC attached to my TV and use Extend screen feature. I want Big Box to launch on the second screen, but it does not work. I changed the settings to use Screen 2 but it just loads up in screen one anyway but smaller, and goes all weird. See attached photo.

Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Edited by traynor1987

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and didnt work, if I choose screen 1 is full screen, if I chose screen 2 it just goes into windowed mode on screen 1. If it's not possible I will  just set the display to use TV and can just switch in settings if I ever want to use the computer. Just thought it would be cool to just have bigbox on my TV and still be able to use the computer

1 minute ago, traynor1987 said:

Thanks for the tip, I tried that and didnt work, if I choose screen 1 is full screen, if I chose screen 2 it just goes into windowed mode on screen 1. If it's not possible I will  just set the display to use TV and can just switch in settings if I ever want to use the computer. Just thought it would be cool to just have bigbox on my TV and still be able to use the computer

Hmm yeah i'm not sure what to tell you, setting it to screen 2 "should just work" i used to do it myself but have since gone back to a just a TV setup instead of monitor and TV. As for using bigbox and the computer at the same time that doesnt actually work like that anyway, its actually a Windows issue if you click on the screen that has the desktop on it it will take focus away from the second screen, so bigbox will just pause on the screen until you click on that screen to give it back focus. This is a Windows limitation im afraid so you couldnt be running attract mode for example while also browsing the web on the other screen as clicking will take the screen focus.

1 minute ago, traynor1987 said:

Ok, thats fine then, I will just use the "second screen only" option on the Windows settings and change it to the monitor if I ever wanted to use the other display. Cheers anyway.

Sorry i couldn't of been more help here. :( Just a thought though are your two screens different resolutions or DPI settings to each other? If so you could try setting them so they are both the same, windows can have issues with different res/dpi screens.