LaunchBox Community Forums

anyone able to set control panel to adjust mame volume

DannyShane

has anyone been able to get their control panel  buttons to adjust volume in mame?   Im able to do it in Big Box but once i get to mame, i cant control the volume.   I went into mame settings where volume is and i assigned my button for volume down and another for volume up.   but once i run mame im unable to adjust volume.   Even if i use the buttons on the actual keyboard. 

im using mame0204.

*fyi  when it was default "-" and "+", it still did not work.

6 hours ago, Hayata said:

has anyone been able to get their control panel  buttons to adjust volume in mame?   Im able to do it in Big Box but once i get to mame, i cant control the volume.   I went into mame settings where volume is and i assigned my button for volume down and another for volume up.   but once i run mame im unable to adjust volume.   Even if i use the buttons on the actual keyboard. 

im using mame0204.

*fyi  when it was default "-" and "+", it still did not work.

I use Controller Companion to map keys to a controller, very recommended piece of software! It can also map a key combo to adjust system volume which works great.

7 hours ago, Hayata said:

thanks man, I have it mapped. its just not working. im going to mess around tonight with it again. 

Not sure if this will help you but maybe worth a try, this seems to work for some people when having mapping problems, setting the following in mame.ini, downside of putting Keyboard in dinput is Mame can use only one keyboard at a time, in case you use multiple keyboards.

#
# OSD INPUT OPTIONS
#
keyboardprovider          dinput
mouseprovider             auto
lightgunprovider          auto
joystickprovider          auto