LaunchBox Community Forums

Does Launchbox Support Nested Genre or Series Tags?

cleverest

For example, every time I tag a game with a genre Shooter, I would love it also add Action.

Or every time I tagged a game "First-Person Shooter" it also adds the genre's "Shooter" and "Action".  this would make managing these fields so much easier/faster.  (as long as they could be manually over-written for a specific quirky title that failed to conform to sub sort of usually core genre.

Does anyone have any tips and trips for this? I really believe these fields could use an overhaul/upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

you could get pretty crazy with subgenres. You'd have to define what the top level genres are, major subgenres, styles of those subgenres etc. So like if you wanted to classify say DoDonPachi it might look like:

Action-->Shooter-->Shoot 'em up-->Bullet Hell

I'd imagine the genre tags would have to fly out like collapsible folders for all that to be useful though as for something like Warframe where it clearly fits in multiple different genres (RPG, Third Person Shooter, Hack n' Slash) you'd need to have the ability to define that easily too.

• Like 2