LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch BigBox with Gamepad?

seedhe

So I have a fairly expansive library built up on my Launchbox PC & I plan to hook up the HDMI output with a long cable to my TV - so I can game properly.

I was just wondering if there was a way to map a button press on my wireless gamepad (X360 copy) to launch BigBox?  free netflix netflix free trial upcoming movies

I don't want to launch it on boot as this is also my main Desktop PC which I use for other purposes - which I have hooked up to a monitor/KB/mouse elsewhere in the room. If I'm firing the machine up to do some work or photo editing or whatever & it launches BigBox automatically everytime - I can see this being disabled fairly quickly.

I can WOL my PC from a single tap on my phone, which isn't a problem. I can set it to auto login, which also isn't a problem. However I'd like to then be able to hit a button on my gamepad, when I'm booting up with the purposes of gaming, to fire up BigBox. Basically so that the PC behaves like a console, when I want it to.

Anyone managed to do this? I know I can obviously plug in a small wireless KB/mouse and do this from the couch - but its still an extra step I don't want to have.

Edited by seedhe