LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame .205 CHDs

Dr_Bunsen

So I've originally had my own curated set of Mame .194 files working in Launchbox ok. However I decided to update to .205 using the entire romset including the working CHDs. Since I have around 160 CHDs, it would be better if I didn't have to create an individual directory for each CHD within the roms directory like I did with my previous setup (where I only had half a dozen or so CHDs). I included my CHD directory where I have all my zipped CHDs in the list of Mame rom directories, but that didn't work.

Am I stuck with having to manually create 160 or so additional directories within my roms directory for CHDs?

You don't need 160 directories. You just need 160 folders each of that rom then put them the roms directory. 

Example:

If the the chd is zipped and called kinst.zip then extract it to a folder called kinst then in that folder will be the files. That folder is then put in the roms directory.

If you have multiple chd's that are zipped, which in your case your saying 160.  Do a select all to select them all of them then with either WinRar or 7zip you can extract them and it will automatically create each folder for each chd and put it in a separate folder. 

7zip: Right Click > 7zip > Extract to "*\"

WinRaR: Right Click > Extract each archive to separate folder