LaunchBox Community Forums

Write access error suddenly appears on Launchbox V 9.3

daithidownunder

Hi folks! I have an annoying issue the surfaced yesterday. LB or BB will no longer load, I get to caching playlists and it gives me an error "it appears that you do not have write access permissions to the Launchbox folder. This is the first time I have received this error and does not make sense, as I have full write permissions on the entire folder and always have had. Something funny is going on here and I'm not sure what, as nothing on my system has changed in the past few weeks. No system updates etc

Alright, I've tested your data and it's working fine, so it doesn't appear to be a data issue. Are you using LaunchBox inside of any kind of a syncing app like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive? Other than a permissions issue, I can think of two possibilities: either some sort of app conflict, or perhaps a file system/corruption issue. Or it could be a disk space issue even.

So I would first check to make sure you have plenty of disk space, and then run chkdsk on the drive to make sure that nothing is awry. Then try closing all background apps to see if it makes any difference.

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Figured it out. For whatever reason, some of your XML files are marked as read-only. No idea how or why that would be the case, but that appears to be the problem. Make sure that all your XML files are not marked as read-only. That shouldn't ever happen automatically.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your help... that is so weird, no idea why that has happened. I have now un-ticked read only on all the xml files and the good news is, it's now starting, although very slowly. It also tried to install v 9.5 but the install failed and said access denied.  Weird thing is, when I start LB it says welcome to v9.5. Any ideas?

Edited by daithidownunder