LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Theme - No Game Video Previews/Missing Game Wheels

ArcadeDemon

I apologize in advance if this questions doesn't belong here specifically, but as a newbie to LaunchBox/BigBox I'm at a loss on a couple things.

A little background first ...
* I am using Windows 10.
* I am using LaunchBox 9.5.
* I am using the Unified Refined (1.6) Theme. (I downloaded the Unified_Redux_v1.6.zip and extracting it to my themes folder. )

I am struggling with the following two things...

1) Individual game preview videos don't appear when I hover over a game in BigBox.

Instead of the video preview I get a screenshot of the game. (That's nice, but I really want the videos :) )
When I imported the roms I connected my emu account, so videos did get downloaded for each game.   I confirmed this by navigating into my LaunchBox/Games folders for a particular platform and along side each game rom  is an mp4 companion file of the the same name. 
I can click on those videos and view them using my local VLC player.  The videos are available , just not being used by the theme for some reason.

2) Some game platforms are presenting games in the Default (BigBox) list view while others are displayed in the Unified Theme's wheel view.

For example Atari Lynx shows the dynamic Unified wheel of games with the custom Platform pointer and individual game logos, but Super Nintendo does not.
I did some exploring into the themes folders and saw custom theme pointers for the Super Nintendo which would seem to imply there is support for it, but I just can't get it to work for that Platform.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ScreenShot.jpg

1 minute ago, ArcadeDemon said:

1) Individual game preview videos don't appear when I hover over a game in BigBox.

Instead of the video preview I get a screenshot of the game. (That's nice, but I really want the videos :) )
When I imported the roms I connected my emu account, so videos did get downloaded for each game.   I confirmed this by navigating into my LaunchBox/Games folders for a particular platform and along side each game rom  is an mp4 companion file of the the same name. 
I can click on those videos and view them using my local VLC player.  The videos are available , just not being used by the theme for some reason.

Game videos do not go along side the game rom,they go in there own folders, Launchbox/Videos/Name of platform.

2 minutes ago, ArcadeDemon said:

2) Some game platforms are presenting games in the Default (BigBox) list view while others are displayed in the Unified Theme's wheel view.

For example Atari Lynx shows the dynamic Unified wheel of games with the custom Platform pointer and individual game logos, but Super Nintendo does not.
I did some exploring into the themes folders and saw custom theme pointers for the Super Nintendo which would seem to imply there is support for it, but I just can't get it to work for that Platform.

Any ideas?

Looks like you have separate views per platform turned on, so you can change each platforms view independently. You can turn that option off in Options/Views so when you change it in one platform they will all change.

1 minute ago, ArcadeDemon said:

Thanks Neil.  That was it. 

I'm curious though how the mp4 files got into my games folder in the first place.  Could I have overlooked some setting in the import wizard or something?

If they are downloaded from within the Launchbox UI they automatically get put in the correct location. So they must of come from somewhere else. Glad you got it all sorted though. 

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If they are downloaded from within the Launchbox UI they automatically get put in the correct location. So they must of come from somewhere else. Glad you got it all sorted though. 

Hmm.  If that's the case then, for my own sanity I can only assume I already had those videos in my roms folder for some reason and I just never noticed.

That said, when I imported my games, for sure that went out and pulled  images from somewhere (I assume emu) as I know i didn't have those before hand.
I checked all my Video folders for all platforms (and in my wacky case I checked Games just in case) and some platforms don't have any videos at all.

I have an emu free account.  Could it be that the free account pulls images but not videos, hence why I don't have them in any of the appropriate places?

2 minutes ago, ArcadeDemon said:

I have an emu free account.  Could it be that the free account pulls images but not videos, hence why I don't have them in any of the appropriate places?

Yes, a premium emumovies subscription is required for gameplay videos. Images are downloaded from both our database and emumovies with the free account, but we do not host videos in our database, that is emumovies domain so we leave that to them.