LaunchBox Community Forums

how to set the emulator Pinball Arcade?

Strblast

• 1 month later...

@Strblast

Not sure if still having issue but in case someone comes across the thread with same question.  Here is a screenshot below.  Need to check the highlighted box.  Pinball Arcade only wants the short table name to start and not full path as long as CamMod settings.ini file has the correct path to the Pinball Arcade DX11 executable.  

image.thumb.png.6516f0b6df1ba9cd7623ac40ed01bcf5.png

Then I just have a dummy text file with the appropriate table name reference in the title of the text file (see highlight for Star Trek example)

image.thumb.png.3412d5c267fd20376b7a5463dd423112.png

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, TheKillingBean said:

I have this working in launchbox, but how did you scrape the artwork? Did you do this manually? 

Sadly it was manual on 99% of the Future Pinball, Pinball Arcade, and Pinball FX3.  Look in the Game Media section of Downloads for some packs (Future Pinball, Visual Pinball specifically). Don't recall if there were Pinball Arcade packs.

The LB DB isn't setup 100% for Pinball tables to be easily added since it clumps them all into "Pinball" rather than by emulator.  So it holds me back in adding what I have to DB.  Plus then you get into the myriad of versions even within each platform, especially for Future Pinball and Visual Pinball. 

I only have recently added Pinball Arcade and only have a few games so it wasn't too difficult to add the art.  A couple of places to look (example Docklets for Pinball Arcade):

https://emumovies.com/files/file/3083-pinball-arcade-docklet-wheels-pack/

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/19831-pinball-arcade-docklet-missing-wheels/

Things like the logos you can usually steal from other pinball packs in many cases if cannot find a specific Pinball Arcade pack (i.e., in LB Downloads section).

• 2 years later...

Not really finding much details to troubleshoot other than this post so following-up with some troubleshooting requests.  Cant seem to get the tables to auto-load from Launchbox, it just goes straight into the Arcade Pinball application.  I followed the steps in the PDF included with the TPA Free Cam MOD but I must be missing a step.  I made sure that the ArcadePinball11.exe is targeted in the settings.ini file included in the TPA Free Cam MOD folder and have the Arcade Pinball Emulator within Launchbox pointed to the TPA exe and the default command line parameters set to -table.  Remove extension file and folder path is also checked (literally mirrored the screen shots above).  Anything else I can try to troubleshoot?  I've went in and adjusted every setting I could think of, multiple times with no luck.  One direct question, for the actual table ROM file path, does it matter what file I point to?  I tried multiple files and even tried creating a .txt file to point to with the same name as the table (as mentioned above) with no luck.

Any tips or pointers would be great.  This is going in my vertical pinball cab so would love to get it to go straight to the tables like the other pinball emulators.  Thanks!

On 12/6/2021 at 10:32 PM, bufaton said:

Not really finding much details to troubleshoot other than this post so following-up with some troubleshooting requests.  Cant seem to get the tables to auto-load from Launchbox, it just goes straight into the Arcade Pinball application.  I followed the steps in the PDF included with the TPA Free Cam MOD but I must be missing a step.  I made sure that the ArcadePinball11.exe is targeted in the settings.ini file included in the TPA Free Cam MOD folder and have the Arcade Pinball Emulator within Launchbox pointed to the TPA exe and the default command line parameters set to -table.  Remove extension file and folder path is also checked (literally mirrored the screen shots above).  Anything else I can try to troubleshoot?  I've went in and adjusted every setting I could think of, multiple times with no luck.  One direct question, for the actual table ROM file path, does it matter what file I point to?  I tried multiple files and even tried creating a .txt file to point to with the same name as the table (as mentioned above) with no luck.

Any tips or pointers would be great.  This is going in my vertical pinball cab so would love to get it to go straight to the tables like the other pinball emulators.  Thanks!

See this link and my August 3 post for alternative if just using TPA for launching into table versus needing the camera feature.

Thanks @sundogak - somehow didnt run across this post during my google search quest.

You are right, way easier!  I had it up and running within 5 minutes.  One question, I noticed the provided txt file list of games was a collection of 70.  It appears the full collection of Arcade Pinball is 100 tables.  I remember reading somewhere that not all tables were able to be opened directly via script such as this.  Do you know if thats the case for the remaining 30 that I have that are not included in your txt file zip?  I attempted to make additional txt files to point to for the other 30 games but they would not launch via the same step process.  Didn't know if these were left out intentionally or if maybe those were the additional tables added since you made the post.

Any insight into getting the other 30 tables working or if its even possible?  Also, I'm adding Arcade Pinball on my main horizontal cab as well as on my vertical pinball cab.  The orientation for my vertical pinball cab is horizontal, is there a way that you know of to flip the table orientation itself once launched (and not flip the acutal windows screen orientation)?

2 minutes ago, bufaton said:

Thanks @sundogak - somehow didnt run across this post during my google search quest.

You are right, way easier!  I had it up and running within 5 minutes.  One question, I noticed the provided txt file list of games was a collection of 70.  It appears the full collection of Arcade Pinball is 100 tables.  I remember reading somewhere that not all tables were able to be opened directly via script such as this.  Do you know if thats the case for the remaining 30 that I have that are not included in your txt file zip?  I attempted to make additional txt files to point to for the other 30 games but they would not launch via the same step process.  Didn't know if these were left out intentionally or if maybe those were the additional tables added since you made the post.

Any insight into getting the other 30 tables working or if its even possible?  Also, I'm adding Arcade Pinball on my main horizontal cab as well as on my vertical pinball cab.  The orientation for my vertical pinball cab is horizontal, is there a way that you know of to flip the table orientation itself once launched (and not flip the acutal windows screen orientation)?

Yeah, I joined the TPA party after they had lost some of their licenses.  So the 70 tables in that text file were the ones you could still currently get within Steam via purchase and all I had in my collection. The table names are the same between TPACamera and the other TPA launcher.  Attached are a few more tables that had in my notes that are no longer available (like Williams tables).   tpafreecammod_table_list.txt  So would try those and see if works. 

For the screen rotation, that you may be stuck using TPACameraMod since it has ability to rotate whereas there was never an official (free) cabinet setup for TPA. I am still on desktop with BG on second screen so haven't had to deal with that on TPA at this point so not much help there.  That is the one disadvantage to the TPALauncher, it doesn't do anything else.